Acute Stroke Services Framework update - send us your feedback
PLEASE NOTE: Submissions have now closed
Following the stroke unit certification pilot, we sought feedback on a reviewed and updated draft Acute Stroke Services Framework 2023 (DOCX 562 KB).
Together with the Rehabilitation Stroke Services Framework, it outlines principles, essential elements, models of care and staffing recommendations, and guides where stroke services should be developed and the monitoring of quality of stroke care.
Major changes in this update include:
- new categories for Stroke Capable Regional Hospital and Telestroke Thrombolysis Centres
- update to annual admission thresholds for Primary Stroke Centres (75 to 100)
- further advice on stroke unit co-location and staffing
- greater focus on a Stroke Learning Health System framework
- nationally agreed targets for reperfusion and stroke unit care.
Comments and suggestions were due by 4 pm Wednesday 8 November 2023.