Incontinence post stroke
Tuesday 29 November 2022, 2–3 pm AEDT
Presented by Kerry Boyle, Belmont Hospital
This webinar will cover:
- What incontinence is, why it can happen after stroke
- Recent guideline updates on incontinence care
- Assessment and treatment for incontinence
- What sites without a continence nurse can do to support their patients
- Continence plans and how to support patients' transition back into the community
About the presenter
Kerry Boyle is a registered nurse with a graduate diploma in neuroscience nursing, and she is the stroke coordinator at Belmont Hospital’s comprehensive stroke unit.
Kerry has eleven years experience in managing patient admission and care in both acute and rehabilitation settings. She is also a clinician researcher and was a project officer at the Hunter Stroke Service, where she coordinated the I-SCAMP Continence Project. She is currently undertaking a PhD at the University of Newcastle, based on this project.
Kerry’s PhD topic is “Implementing best available evidence into practice; Assessment and management of urinary incontinence and other lower urinary tract symptoms, the I-SCAMP Project”.