If you have consented, or if otherwise permitted by law, we may also use your information to notify you about our other services and campaigns, including via direct marketing.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who provide us with, or assist us to provide, goods and services. From time to time, your information may be provided to third parties in overseas locations, such as New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom.
To the extent permitted by law, the Stroke Foundation excludes all liability for any loss, injury or damage suffered by you or anyone else, however caused (and whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic and whether arising under contract, tort ((including negligence) or otherwise) which may be directly or indirectly suffered in connection with your use of this Website, or as a consequence of any content or information obtained from or through the Website or the websites of other entities which are hyperlinked from this Website (Linked Websites).
This general disclaimer is not restricted or modified by any of the following specific warnings and disclaimers.
Specific warnings and disclaimers
The information contained on this Website which is provided by the Stroke Foundation is provided in good faith and on an 'as is' basis. The information uploaded by the Stroke Foundation is believed to be accurate and current as at the date the information was placed on this Website however the Stoke Foundation make no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information that it uploads to this Website, or that your use of this Website will be uninterrupted or error free.
Some features of the Website may allow you to upload content to the Website. You warrant that you are the owner or authorised user of the materials you upload and you grant the Stroke Foundation an irrevocable, perpetual, world-wide, royalty free licence to use, modify and display such content for any purpose.
Information uploaded by users of the Website represents the views or opinions of the relevant individual uploading the information and not the views of the Stroke Foundation, and is not endorsed by the Stroke Foundation. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Stroke Foundation is not responsible for, and excludes all liability for, such user generated content.
You should not act on the basis of anything contained on this Website without first obtaining professional advice specific to your circumstances. You must make your own assessment of the information contained on this Website and, if you choose to rely on it, it is wholly at your own risk.
The Stroke Foundation is not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with your use of this Website or a Linked Website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from this Website is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems. You are solely responsible for providing (at your cost) all equipment, software, and internet access necessary to use the Website.
The Stroke Foundation may, from time to time, change or add to this Website without notice and reserves the right to review, edit, move or delete any content or materials displayed on or through the Website (including user generated content) at any time without notice and without liability. The Stroke Foundation does not undertake to keep this Website updated and we will not be liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this Website or if that information is not up-to-date.
The Stroke Foundation has the right to terminate or suspend the operation of the Website (including in part) for any reason without notice and without liability, including to conduct maintenance or implement updates.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, all implied conditions, representations, warranties and other terms are excluded. You must ensure that your access to this Website is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you or in your location. In respect of any conditions, warranties or guarantees which cannot be excluded under statue, to the extent permitted by law, the liability of the Stroke Foundation is limited (at its option) to the replacement, repair or resupply of the relevant goods or the resupply or refund of the cost of relevant services.
Your use of this Website
- use this Website to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend any person;
- use this Website to mislead or deceive others;
- publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
- use any automated scripting tools or software;
- engage in or promote any third party surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via the Website;
- impersonate any other person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your identity, credentials, profession or affiliation with any other person or entity;
- infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any person;
- upload personal information about any other person (including health information) without that person’s express consent;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using the Website any material that you do not have a right to make available or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware or to utilise other computer systems for improper purposes or without authorisation; or
- breach any laws or regulations which are applicable to your use of this Website..
Unless otherwise acknowledged, all material on this Website (other than user generated content), including (but not limited to) text, graphics, logos, video and audio clips, information, architecture and coding, is owned by or licensed to the Stroke Foundation. All copyright is reserved.
You are provided with access to this Website and may download, store in cache, display, print or make a single copy of the information or material stored on this Website (in its unaltered form) and for your personal and non-commercial use only. Except for these purposes, and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (or any similar statute that applies in your jurisdiction), you may not, in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Website; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this Website, without our prior written permission.
All trade names, trade marks, service marks and other product and service names and logos (Marks) displayed on this Website are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trade mark and copyright laws. These Marks may be our registered or unregistered Marks or may belong to others and are used on this Website with permission from the relevant owner.
Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any Mark which is displayed on this Website without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
If you use any of our Marks to refer to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that Mark to us. You must not use any of our Marks:
- in or as the whole or part of your own Marks;
- in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
- in a manner that damages, or has the potential to damage, us or our information, products or services (including this Website).
You acknowledge that any content that you upload to the Website may still be accessible to the public, even if you delete your account. If you have permanently deleted your account, you can contact us and request that we change your user name to “anonymous” so that content is no longer attributable to you.
This Website contains links to external websites and may on occasion, display content or information from other websites within frames on this Website, however the Stroke Foundation is not responsible or liable for third party content or information, does not endorse material on any linked web site and does not provide any warranty as to the quality, accuracy, source, merchantability, fitness for purpose or any other aspect of the content of those third party websites.
If you have found anything on linked websites that you believe to be inappropriate or incorrect, please contact the web administrator email@example.com quoting the URL of the site/page and the link will be reviewed.
Individuals and organisations are welcome to link this site to their own provided this is done in a manner which indicates that the link is to a Stroke Foundation page and is not misleading, however we do not automatically add a reciprocal link. As a courtesy and for our own records, please notify the web administrator firstname.lastname@example.org if you link to this Website. If you would like to submit a site for consideration to our Web Links page, email email@example.com.
We do not enter into reciprocal linking arrangements:
- solely for the purpose of improving search engine optimisation;
- with web sites whose primary purpose is the advertising of a commercial product or service:,
- with web sites that are not specifically related to stroke: or
- with web sites where we consider that the content is not applicable to Australian users.
Website membership enables you to contribute to the interactive elements on this Website. If you register, you must maintain the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for all activities conducted through your account, whether or not you have authorised such use. Your account is personal to you and you must not authorise others to use your account. You must contact us immediately if you believe someone has gained unauthorised access to your account.
Regardless of whether you register, your use of this Website constitutes acknowledgement that the views of members posting queries, comments or statements on this Website are the view or opinions of the relevant individuals and not the views of the Stroke Foundation, and are not endorsed by the Stroke Foundation.
If you have a complaint about any of the content that may be published on this Website, you should contact us.
Last updated: May 2015.