My Stroke Journey
Wednesday 27 October 2021, 2–3 pm AEDT
Presented by Melita Guy and Leah Pett, Stroke Foundation
This one-hour webinar is a refresher for My Stroke Journey and how it can be used:
- as a patient-centred resource for all stroke admissions
- to meet guidelines and recommendations in stroke care
- by multi-disciplinary team members to deliver high quality information and care planning
- in both acute and rehabilitation settings
- as an ongoing resource for patients post discharge.
About the presenters
Melita Guy is the Stroke Foundation's Hospital Engagement Coordinator for NSW and ACT and is a speech pathologist by trade.
Melita has many years of experience working with patients in neurology wards and programs and has seen the benefit of having holistic patient-led conversations with stroke survivors and their significant others to maximise their recovery and quality of life.
Leah Pett is the Hospital Engagement Coordinator of Queensland StrokeLink, at the Stroke Foundation.
Leah is an occupational therapist with a Master of Health Science, Stroke Management, and has strong links in the areas of education, community and rehabilitation.