12–15 October 2021
Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, WAPlease be advised that the conference scheduled to take place in July 2021 has been rescheduled due to the COVID-19 medical crisis.
Back to the future….stroke: past, present and future!
Stroke Society of Australasia (SSA) 30th Annual Scientific Meeting
SSA held its first meeting in Perth 1990, which means it will be celebrating over three decades in 2021. This brought the theme of this meeting as “Back to the Future”. Under the conference theme of Back to the Future, the conference organising committee is hoping to develop not just a multidisciplinary meeting limited to the traditional stroke therapy, but also look for new voices, collaborations and jointly developed content from those in the greater stroke patient management ecosystem.
- Basic science
- Heart and stroke
- Technology/machine learning
- Intracerebral haemorrhage
- Systems of care – prehospital – stroke calls – telestroke – mobile stroke unit/prehospital stroke care
- Young stroke (migraine, PFO, dissection)
- Cerebral small vessel disease
- Australasian Stroke Trials Network quick-fire session
- Acute reperfusion therapy – neurointerventional treatment – thrombolysis
- Stroke rehabilitation – stroke nursing – consumer partnership
- Allied health
- Neuroimaging secondary prevention
- Neuroprotection new investigator session – separate session vs incorporated into other sessions
- Controversies in stroke
11 February 2021 Call for abstracts opens
13 April 2021 Registration opens
28 May 2021 Call for abstracts extended
16 July 2021 Early bird registration closes
Find out more at ssastrokeconference.com.au