Better Care, Everywhere: Healthcare variation in practice conference
20–21 July 2020
International Convention Centre, Sydney NSW, Australia
What is healthcare variation and how does it impact appropriateness of care and patient outcomes – and what can you do about it in your role?
The Better Care, Everywhere: Healthcare variation in practice conference will answer these questions and more over two days in the first national event dedicated to reducing healthcare variation across Australia.
Hosted by the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care, and led by high profile national and international speakers, this is the one health event you can’t afford to miss in 2020.
Join us to:
- Hear thought-provoking speakers discuss key drivers of healthcare variation and national and local levers for change
- Discover successful initiatives in hospital, community and residential aged care settings already reducing unwarranted variation and improving patient care
- Find out how to analyse and act on data to improve the appropriateness of care and explore the future of big data and its role in driving better patient care
- Better understand how to partner with consumers and/or carers to improve appropriateness of care
- Learn practical approaches to implementing the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (second edition): Action 1.28 (Healthcare Variation)
- Learn how to use the findings from the Australian Atlas of Healthcare Variation Series
- Network and attend engaging plenary sessions, panel discussions and seminars with peers from across Australia.
Who should attend?
Whether you are a frontline clinician, a health leader, a policy maker or an academic – the conference is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to identify, investigate and address healthcare variation so that we deliver the right care, for the right person at the right time.